A Word About These Plant Lists
We ran into many interesting challenges when making these lists:
- Many plants belong on several lists.
- A vine can be a groundcover.
- A marginally hardy plant may be a perennial in Holland, but an annual in Grand Rapids.
- An herb can be a groundcover.
- A vegetable can be ornamental.
- A flower can be edible.
- Plants like butterfly bush and vitex could be on either the nursery list or the perennial list.
- Some botanical names, like pachysandra, are common knowledge and plants really should be listed by them, but others are more usefully listed by common name, like marigold.
Get the picture? We suggest that you look for your target plant on several lists, for the above reasons. We’ve listed many plants on several lists, to make your search easier.
Another challenge is that we compile the lists in the winter, from our confirmations. There still can be ‘Acts of God’, weather fluctuations, seed germination failure, shipping issues, and so on. We also sell out of some things really quickly. We add lots of plants throughout the year as they become available, and they won’t even get on the list. Your best bet is to come in to see what we have on hand today. You can also email inquiries, and we’ll do our best to answer you.
Here’s a handy tip: In the Excel file (you can’t copy in the PDF format) copy the name of the plant, then go to Google, click on ../Images, and paste the name in the search bar. You’ll get several color pictures and more information on almost every plant.
If you have trouble opening the .PDF files, please use the email link at the bottom of this page and we’ll try to help you with it.
With your input, these lists will morph into more and more user-friendly tools every week. Your input is welcome, and thanks for visiting!
- Annual Plant List (updated 2/21/12)
- Perennial Plant List (updated 2/21/12)
- Perennial Cross Reference (updated 2/22/12)
- Perennial Herbs (updated 3/10/11)
- Daylilies (updated 2/22/11)
- Grasses (updated 4/7/10)
- Groundcover (updated 3/10/11)
- Hosta List (updated 2/22/11)
- Nursery (updated 3/13/12)
(This is an abbreviated list – we carry lots more varieties that vary from time to time. You should really call us for availabilities, and to confirm what is actually in stock.)
- Rhododendrons (updated 2/13/12)
- Roses (updated 2/13/12)
- Veggies (updated 2/02/12)
- Vines (updated 3/2/11)